Find Abundance In Your Life With 6 Simple Strategies
You are hard-pressed these days to escape the long list of experts and gurus that want you to learn to live a life of abundance. Experts that promise they will, for a small fee, show you the path. They have programs that can teach you the positive thinking techniques, mental practices, and provide the right community you need to actually “attract” wealth and prosperity. They state that by simply learning and practicing these ideas and surrounding yourself with the right community that everything you want will be yours.
Now trust me, I believe in wealth and prosperity. I am a true believer in the power of positive thinking and some of the other techniques these gurus are promoting. However, I find it ironic at a time when more people are practicing these techniques and buying these programs, as a nation we are experiencing some serious challenges. We have the lowest savings rate in history, the highest rates of disease and obesity, more people suffer from alcohol and drug addiction, are woefully underprepared for retirement, and a large segment of the population is barely getting by, living paycheck to paycheck.
Why is that? Well, I believe that is because there is so much more to abundance than wishing for it, attracting it, or thinking positively about it. While what many programs are teaching you about mindset and supportive community are important to this journey, they are only part of the story. To truly attract abundance and live an abundant life you need to understand these:
6 Strategies For Finding & Living Your Life in Abundance
- Self Awareness – the journey to wealth and abundance starts from within. The more confident, focused and strong you are internally the better energy and “attraction signals” you will radiate. Before you get started on your positive thinking practices you need to do some work to understand yourself. What motivates you? What causes you stress? What recharges your battery? What are you most afraid of? Once you understand yourself you need to make the time and create the strategies to feed your soul. If being unhealthy stresses you out, then you need to prioritize eating right and working out. If having a rainy day fund gives you peace of mind then you need to put that at the top of your to-do list. The better you understand and care for yourself, the better positioned you will be to live your abundant life.
- Personally Define – you need to know what abundance is, looks like, and means for you. I mean understand it in detail. I want wealth and prosperity, but not if I have to go into debt or spend large amounts of money to get it. I want to attract wealth and prosperity, but not if it causes me to put my family or my health on the back burner. Wealth and abundance is not a one size fits all, it means different things to different people and you need to personally define what it means for you. What will your life look like when you achieve it, and what are you willing (and not willing) to sacrifice on the journey to achieve it.
- Education Is Confidence – again back to the inner journey and the path to wealth and abundance. Whatever path you are using to achieve it, you need to become an expert on that path. Whether it is inventing a product, being a leader in your profession, or creating the ultimate coaching and online program. You need to invest the time to learn and educate yourself to become the expert. Education builds confidence in yourself, the services you are offering and the strategies you are using.
- Patience Is A Virtue – this does not happen overnight and there is no quick fix or magic bullet. To achieve abundance you need to understand that patience is a virtue. You will try and fail and you will make mistakes. You will attract good things, but maybe not always at the speed or in the volume you would like. So embracing your ability to be patient is an important part of this journey to find and live your life in abundance.
- Learn & Refine – again this is a journey, and one of continual learning and correction. The one thing our gurus are right about is that the path to abundance is about focus, positive thinking, and supportive community. Given that, you need to track what you do, where you spend your time, and with whom. You and where you spend your time is your greatest teacher. Learn what you do that moves you forward and commit to doing more of it, and learn where you go off course and commit to doing less of it. Being perfect is not an achievable goal, however learning and refining to consistently get better is the goal you need to reach to put you on the path to a life of abundance.
- Trust Your Journey – that is a phrase that my friend Beth Brownlee uses and passionately believes. The path to wealth and abundance is not always as clear and as beautiful as we would like it to be. You need to trust that if you are doing steps one through five of this list your path will lead you to the abundant life you were meant to live.
Just like most things in life, achieving a life of wealth and abundance is not as easy as it sounds. While I believe that it is achievable for each and everyone one of us, we have to be open to the journey. We have to commit to investing in the time it will take on our part, and then be open to accepting however our path to abundance shows up. Remember to enjoy your journey, and redefine your definition so that you do not miss the small wins and successes on your path to achieving and living a life of wealth and abundance.