Wow! What a great interview with Successful Culture CEO, Marissa Levin, on the Client Connection. In just forty minutes, she shared seven amazing strategies, her 7 Simple Secrets to Business Success. Marissa’s information comes from the real world; her wealth of knowledge and expertise from having built two successful companies, Information Experts & Successful Culture from scratch.
While I learned a lot, I still plan to listen again, and probably a third time. For those of you who attended, read on for a recap, and those of you that missed us, no problem here is the link so you can listen when it is convenient for you.
Until then, here are three ideas I gained, and three strategies I plan to implement from Marissa Levin:
Three Ideas I Gained:
- Three questions – I need to get clear on who I am and what my business is about, and these three questions I need to get me there. What do I stand for? What is my purpose? How do I plan to change the world?
- Niche Makes You Rich– The better I understand the industry, the client, and the market that my product or service fits, the more successful I will be. That I do not sell a product, I solve a problem.
- Profitable Sales Model – Cash flow is king, and I need to design, work and understand my sales model and ensure that it is profitable. In addition, be open and willing to change it when and if that changes.
Three Strategies I Plan To Implement:
- End of Year Strategy – I plan to set aside some time and review my strategy. This session taught me that my success in 2015 is dependent upon the clarity I have around my vision, mission and core values. I need to be able to clearly answer those three questions.
- Client Focus – I need to update, redefine and gain more clarity on who my best client is and my best market. I need to know what problems I solve and what solutions I offer.
- Update My Sales Model – My sales model is good, but could it be better? I want to take a second look, redesign and update my sales model and set up quarterly reviews of my it.
Thank you again for listening to The Client Connection. Be sure to join us for our next program set for November 5, 2014, when Kathleen Burns Kingsbury will interview Louis Tranquilli and Nancy Fox on how Advisory Boards can be a powerful way to attract female clients. You can sign up here.
See you in November!
Meridith Elliott Powell